Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dwight Howard

found from his blog.
My birthday
On my birthday we had a game so it was tough to really want to celebrate it. Me and a few of my teammates chilled and watched the fight. We played and I almost had 23 points and 23 rebounds, which would have been real tight! Before the game I was thinking to myself like that would be tight if I could get 23 and 23 and then the game came around and I almost had it! I came so close! The Clippers' fans in L.A. were really cool, though, I had a lot of fun on my birthday. It was something I'll never forget. The fans are great in every city and I love interacting with them, talking to them and just getting to know them for the little time that we have to get to know them.
Greatest. Dunk Attempt. Ever. … But I missed it!



But I think the highlight of my whole birthday game was when I tried to go up and dunk on Zach Randolph. I got the picture off the internet of that dunk attempt and it was tight! It was, like, one of the best dunk attempts ever and I wish I would've made it. I tried to go up and dunk on him and it had to be the world's greatest dunk attempt - ever. But I missed it! I missed the dunk but the dunk attempt was nasty. It kind of looked like the Superman dunk but better because it would have been over someone!

he talks of his "sore knee"
My injury's nothing serious, nothing people should be worried about. I fell on my knee in Phoenix and I kind of bruised it, so I met with the doctors and they all talked and they basically just said to ice and try not to get hit anymore. They said it was a bruised knee and I guess I just needed some rest. I've been going hard for five years, just nonstop, so it was actually good to rest. I should be back tomorrow, though, so that's good. Was I scared a little bit? Yeah, only because I feel like the season is going really well and I've been accomplishing all the goals I had set for the season. It started off well and I just would have felt bad if anything had happened.


His work with the community

Giving back for the holidays
The event I had yesterday was at this place called the Christian Center and we met up and what I did was bought 100 families a $100 gift card to a grocery store and 100 survival kits with like everything in it, toothbrushes, sleeping bags, flashlights, anything that you might need for the Christmas holidays was in this bag. Also, the kids all got little presents that were at the center and it was just a great experience. I met a lot of families and it just really impressed me that I could help out so many people. There are a lot of people in need and anything helps -- a hug, or whatever I could give. We athletes are so blessed with a lot of different things and it's always good to be able to give back to others. It just feels so good. To me it's better than doing a dunk or blocking somebody's shot. Just seeing the kids happy and seeing their parents be able to provide for their kids is worth it. There are so many parents that can't provide and I was happy to be able to give a helping hand.

Double-Doubles for a good cause
I don't know if a lot of people know this, but one of the reasons I try so hard to get a double-double every night is because I hooked up with Doublemint gum and PCA, which is Prevent Child Abuse America. So every time I get a double-double $250 goes to PCA to help prevent child abuse. It's a really good foundation to be involved with, so if anybody wants to be involved with the cause they can go to their Web site - www.preventchildabuse.org - and find out more. Every time I get a double-double it's to help the kids, so I try to get it every night, as quick as I can! All for the kids!

No comments: